- Determine calorie needs and ideal weight.
- Review current dietary practices.
- Complete a thorough review of your medical history, food preferences, and lifestyle history (i.e., sleep, activity, stress level)
- Together, develop a meal plan to optimize energy level and achieve a healthy weight.
- Assess your fitness level and make recommendations.
- Educate you on crucial concepts to EMPOWER you to begin your journey to a healthier you.
- Together we will set realistic health goals.
- Answer nutrition concerns.
- Discuss goal achievements from initial consultation, provide support, and challenge you to other goals when appropriate.
- Review meal plan and provide guidance as needed.
- Deliver further, in-depth education to build your confidence in nutrition and fitness to reach your health goals.
- Provide recipes and cooking tips based on the comfort level in the kitchen to fuel and ENERGIZE your body.
Personalized Grocery Shopping Tour
This guided 90-minute tour of a local grocery store will teach you how to evaluate your current food choices, assist you in selecting healthful foods to improve your eating habits and avoid those that may be hindering your goals. Additionally, the tour provides an opportunity to select a variety of "new to you" healthy foods and start incorporating them into your diet.
- What to look for when choosing food items
- Ideas for quick, healthy meals & snacks
- Learn to read a nutrition label and make decisions about a food item based on your health needs.
- Answer your nutrition questions as they pertain to healthy living.
- Clients will be provided a recipe to make a simple, healthy meal and select and purchase items during the tour.
Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
The number of calories your body burns at rest will be determined using an FDA-approved MedGem device.
Using several techniques, your body composition, muscular endurance, cardio, and flexibility will be assessed. Results and recommendations will be provided.
Based on your personal fitness goals, an exercise plan will be developed specifically for you. You will receive private coaching to motivate and guide you through various exercises to help you meet YOUR fitness goals.
Upon receiving a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, I began working with Cindy to manage my condition through a combination of diet and exercise. With her supervision and instruction, I have lowered my A1C from the diabetic range to the pre-diabetic range and have not had to take any medication. Both my physician and I have been very happy with this treatment method, and I highly recommend Cindy for helping you to eat a better diet, no matter what the reason!
What To Expect
Prior To Meeting
You will be asked to complete a Health History Form and a Food & Beverage Intake Form.
Day Of Appointment
I am meeting with clients via Zoom or telephone. A link will be sent to you, usually one day prior. Typically handouts will be sent via email after our session, but sometimes it is necessary to send beforehand.
After Our Meeting
You will set realistic goals to work on after our session. Multiple sessions are recommended to provide you with the best support and success in meeting your health goals.You can contact me as needed for questions so that you feel comfortable implementing your nutrition plan.