Baked Salmon with Bok Choy and Cantaloupe
Fillet of Salmon
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Orange, Red or Yellow Bellpepper, diced
1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Bundle of Bok Choy, rinsed & chopped
1/2 Sweet Onion, thinly slice
1 Tablespoon Japanese Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 cup Brown Rice
1/2 cup Quinoa
1 Avocado, chopped
1/2 Cantaloupe, cut into cubes
Parchment paper/butcher twine
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
To Make Rice:
1. Place rice & quinoa in a rice cooker. Add 2 3/4 cups water. Cover and start rice cooker.
To Make Salmon:
1. In a rimmed baking sheet, place salmon on a piece of parchment paper (make sure paper is long enough to fold sides inward over salmon and long ends brought together and folded down).
2. Add chopped tomatoes, chopped bellpepper and juice of 1/2 lemon over salmon.
3. Close up parchment paper as described in Step 1 above and slide butcher twine under paper and over top to secure paper closed.
4. Place in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
To make Bok Choy:
1. In a rimmed baking sheet, place salmon on a piece of parchment paper (make sure paper is long enough to fold sides inward over salmon and long ends brought together 1. In a large pot, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium. Add onions and stir until slightly brown.
2. Reduce heat to lowest setting, add chopped bok choy, a splash of water and cover until wilted down (about 5-7 minutes).
3. Stir in sesame oil and juice from the other half of lemon.
To serve, add chopped avocado over rice and sprinkle sesame seeds over bok Choy. Use soy sauce sparingly to flavor rice, if desired.