Butternut Squash with Chickpeas and Spinach
4 1/2 cubs cubed butternut squash, small cubes
3 tablespoons hot water
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons finely diced lemongrass
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons red curry paste or less to reduce spiciness
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (optional)
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 can (15 oz) light coconut milk
4 oz spinach
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 lime zested and juiced
1. Bring pot of water to a boil and add squash (or microwave with a splash of water and lid on high until tender, approx. 7- 10 minutes on high, stirring 1/2 way through).
2. Heat oil in pan on medium. Add onion, ginger, lemongrass and garlic and cook until fragrant. Addd curry and cook 1-2 minutes more.
3. Stir in peanut butter and fish sauce.
4. Add one third of coconut milk and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add another one third and stir. Repeat with remaining coconut milk.
5. Add squash, chickpeas and spinach. Cook until warmed through.
**Serve over rice, garnish with lime juice and zest.