Fish Tacos, Mixed Vegetable and Spanish Style Rice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1.5 cups white rice
1 medium tomato
1 small white onion, quartered
1 large clove of garlic
2 tsp Knorr chicken bullion
1 small bag of frozen peas/corn
2 lbs of fresh cod, halibut, mahi-mahi or tilapia
1 Red, Orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 Zucchini, chopped
2 tsps fresh English or Lemon Thyme
1/2 C cilantro, roughly chopped
6 oz container of plain greek yogurt
1. On medium high, heat 1 tsp Canola oil in a heavy, medium sized pot. Add rice and cook until translucent.
2. In a blender, add tomato, onion, garlic, chicken bouillon and 3 cups water. Blend until smooth
3. Stir tomato mixture into rice and bring to a boil. Add frozen peas/corn. Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Fluff with a fork before serving.
1. On a rimmed baking sheet, place fish on a long piece of parchment paper.
2. Squeeze lime juice over fish and sprinkle with a little salt, if desired.
3. Fold in sides of parchment onto fish and then bring up the long ends and fold down together to make a pouch. Slide Bakers Twine under parchment paper and tie down fold to keep closed.
4. Place in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
1. Place vegetables in a glass pyrex dish, sprinkle thyme over. Add a splash of water and cover with a glass lid. Cook in microwave oven on high for 5 minutes.
Soft Taco Shells:
I usually just place my corn tortillas right on a low, open flame on my stove top, using tongs to flip over when bottom is slightly charred (approx. 15 seconds per side). OR, you can heat up a flat skillet and warm tortillas.
Garnish taco's with greek yogurt, cilantro and more lime juice!